Pastors cannot win the battle alone; they need committed intercessors to lift them up in fervent, specific prayer. I believe that the power of God will be released when we begin to faithfully pray for our pastors. Pastors are human—they face the same challenges that their people do, with some additional ones! They grow tired in ministry, are tempted to sin, and may find it difficult to balance their many roles and responsibilities.
Here are just a few ways to pray for the pastors in Cambodia:
- An intimate knowledge of God
- Faithfulness to spend time reading God's Word daily, and for insight into Scripture and an understanding of how it applies to Cambodians today
- That he would preach with clarity, power and boldness, and that his preaching would be anointed and empowered by the Holy Spirit
- Protection from the work of Satan and victory over temptation
- To keep a soft heart in the face of abrasive and abusive people; Buddhist families often deny relatives (even children and siblings) when they become Christians, especially pastors.
- A successful ministry - however God defines it in his life - and that people would be won to the Lord through his life, ministry, and preaching
- Boldness to speak the truth, and grace to speak it will humility
- That he would persevere through whatever trial he is facing
- That his children will grow up with a positive impression of church ministry
- That he would remain pure and that his love for his wife would increase daily
- Physical and mental strength, and opportunities to relax
- To live according to God's direction and worthy of his calling as a shepherd of God's people
Pastor Titus and Pastor Greg
Pastor Paroath and Pastor Poleak
Pastor Sopheak and Pastor Sithat
Pastor Kieth, and Pastora Socheata and Pastor Rotha
Pastor Sothkan and Rev. Kimsan, and Pastor Banyen
and many others.