Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Musings from the World of Jewel Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Paroath is getting married!!!

Pastor Paroath is a young, faithful pastor in the small province of Kampong Chhnang, and HERE is a post ("picture diary" rather) of the short yet influential time I spent with him in May 2009. On January 8th, he's getting married!!! I am beyond excited - so happy for him!

The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” [[Genesis 2:18]]

It is always a prayer concern that the single pastors will find their God-ordained partner for ministry. Pastoring a church, whether small or large, is a big responsibility and it is a wonderful thing when a husband and wife can minister together and reach all the members - children, youth, elders, men, and women.

Below is a picture of Paroath and the widow he lives with in KC. She is a gracious member who allowed him to teach English and have church services under her home; that is until a church was built only a few yards from the home.



I currently have no idea whatsoever about my schedule while in-country (December 23-January 12,) but I am hoping that it will include attending Paroath's wedding, or at least a visit to see his new church. My 2009 team funded the construction of his church [Click HERE to see it's construction and HERE to see it's completion] and I would love to see the results in-person.

Below is a letter given to me from Paraoth on my last day in Kampong Chhnang:

Love love love, Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment